Tuesday, September 30, 2008

day one accomplished

I cooked beef stroganoff in the crock pot. It was super super easy and very yummy! I meant to post the recipe but I forgot my cook book. And Chad grilled some asparagus to go with it, yum :)

I'm thinking tonight I'll make meat loaf though I haven't decided the sides yet.

Oh! I also made some pumpkin bread...put of course it got burnt. I hate hate hate my oven! It burns everything! I even wised up this time and set the timer for five minutes less than it was suppose to cook, but yet still the outside got well done. The inside of the loaf tastes very good. I cut off the edges and it's good to eat now but it just doesn't look pretty. I told myself when I put the load in that I needed to check it every five to ten minutes to make sure it didn't burn...but that was during the hour Heroes was playing so that didn't happen. Next thing I knew the timer was going off.

1 comment:

Jolyne said...

You are becoming quite the Mrs. Betty Crocker!!! You don't need to cook things in less time because the oven is still too hot which is the problem. Turn the temperature down. Then it can cook for the same amount of time but get cooked all the way through because it's not burning the food up on the outside. Like if the recipe says 350 try it at 325. Give it a try and let me know if it works better.