Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bummer! He didn't win :(

Maybe next time around Teddy! I'll have to start campaigning earlier. Votes for Ted Weill in the 2012 election!!

So I have to say I've really enjoyed this election. It's really give me a chance to think about what I believe about different issues. How I'll miss all those texts and forwards calling God a Republican and no Christian would vote otherwise, Obama the anti-christ, Palin a modern day Esther, and McCann the anointed and chosen one. Poor little Biden was all left out :( (by saying I'll miss them, I meant that in the most sarcastic way imaginable, though I will say they did provide some laughter to my day). Oh! I will miss the Saturday night live's reenactment (that was not sarcastic). My favorite was McCann. His voice was hilarious to me. I laughed every time.

Anyway, so back to the fowards, had I believed them I would be quite disillusioned right now because it would appear that Obama was the anointed, and chosen one. But you see, I am not disillusioned or planning on moving out of the country, because I believe in a God that is sovereign and is interested in one thing - His glory. (oh, and I also believe in a God that is not Republican. God is love, mercy, truth, holy, I could go on and on but already the Rebublican party falls short). God's will was accomplished in the election of Obama as the new president and it will continue to be accomplished - that is a promise, a guarantee. It was not by chance that he was elected or a mistake - no it was on purpose. So tonight I will sleep warm and sound in my bed like I always have knowing that God is in control -of course it also helps that I'm poor and my taxes aren't going to go up in an enormous way ;)

So congradulations to our new president, Barak Obama, and praise be to God who is bringing all things to the completion of His glory!!

Rom. 13:1-2 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

3 comments:

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

good writing, m'am. i agree with your post! :) except for the "mccann". its "mccain". :)

brookejones said...

whoops, so it is.

Jolyne said...

Good post Mrs. Jones!! I couldn't agree more. See you tomorrow!! By the way, you haven't called me and TOLD me what I'm supposed to cook ya'll. Well??