Monday, November 17, 2008

happy anniversary to me!!

This past Saturday Chad and I set up and ran the second annual book table at the RUF Fall Conference. Last year after we finished up for the night, we went back to my grandparent's to stay the night. It was there that Chad told me he loved me for the first time :) I knew then it would last forever.

So to make Chad happy, I guess I should tell you the other story. Before we went back to my grandparents, we walked around the campus for a little bit and laid in a hammock over looking the lake. I tried to kiss him. Yeah I did - full moon, hott guy, stars reflecting in the lake, come on, anybody could be weak! He said "no" and turned away. I never tried again and we made it to engagement day! Which I'm very glad we did.

So this Saturday I celebrated the day we said "I love you" and he celebrated the day he told a girl "no".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is too funny. i remember you telling me about this!! :)

4 J's said...

That is funny and I am impressed that you told anyone that story. That is something I would take to the grave! But...I did make the first move on Joey...I guess when a girl knows, she just knows!

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

wow, those are probably both firsts. :)

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

oh, and wesley swears i kissed him first, but i did not. it was he who kissed me first. :)