Friday, November 7, 2008

It's Christmas!!

or so it felt. When I began unpacking in our new apartment, I discovered that somewhere in the moving process, a garbage bag containing ALL of my jeans, the majority of my nice "church" dresses, and some of my favorite shirts and jackets had gotten lost in the transit. Yes, all of my nicest and most valuable clothes all in the same bag - note to packers, don't do that! So for the past four months I've had to restock my closet. I know, it just about killed me ;) Well......the missing bag has been found now!!! Chad told me at lunch that he had a surprise waiting for me when I got home sitting on his chair. My long gone bag of clothes is what I least expected! When we were engaged, every time I'd come to Jackson to see him, I'd bring bags of stuff and leave in his apartment mate's empty room (he had moved out for the summer). So my bag of clothes has been in the office of his old apartment this whole time. The guy that moved in, never uses the office, so didn't know it was in there. Last night was like Christmas for me as I opened the bag and pulled out what was in there! Get this - 5 pairs of pants, 17 skirts, 9 dress, 7 shirts, and 2 jackets. Yes, my ability to cram things in a plastic white garbage bag is amazing.

I'm going with all my jeans were just washed before I put them in the bag. After my fatal attempts to squeeze into them last night, I am convinced that "the pill" is the absolutely worst thing on the planet! Three measly months on it and I had to practically bind myself up on my wedding day in order to fit in my wedding dress and now four more months I can't fit into my old jeans. Some people have pre-pregnancy jeans. I have pre-birth control jeans. But it's kept me from getting pregnant these past four months, so I shall continue on it, and continue to restock my wardrobe :)

Robin's getting married tomorrow, yay! I can't wait!

3 comments:

4 J's said...

This will be no consolation but I did the same thing when we got married. Gained 15 pounds the first summer...not fun having to buy new clothes!

Jolyne said...

I'm glad you found your bag and I can quit feeling guilty "thinking" that I gave it to the Guardian Shelter.

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

weeell, technically, you don't know if it's kept you from getting pregnant. you just know its kept you from having a baby.

glad you found your clothes.