Saturday, June 28, 2008

My first snow cone of the year

Since Claire announced when she had her first snow cone this year, I felt the need to too :) I had clear blackberry. I think all of the flavors should be clear. I'm not a fan of blue, green, or bright red teeth and lips. That was my favorite flavor last year. It was good but not as good as I remember it being. I guess my taste buds changed in a year. I'll have to pick out a new favorite for this summer. But I'll wait till after my wedding. Starting tomorrow I'm on a no sugar diet. I realized this week that on a daily basis, my sweet in take far outweighs my none-sweet, normal food in take. I'll give you today for example. Here's what I ate - 2 cinnamon rolls for breakfast, a snow cone while I was our running errands, I guess that would be considered my lunch, a bowl of chili for supper, 2 glasses of lemonade this evening, and I just ate an apple cinnamon muffin Daniel made. So in other words, sugar, sugar, sugar, and a bowl of chili. And this is pretty much my diet every day. Its disgusting. I just can't say no to sugar. But for the next three weeks, I'm going to! I'm determined!!

This time 3 weeks/21 days from now I'll be Mrs. Tiffany Brooke Jones. I like the sound of that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you will not last a week.

brookejones said...

a week? i was thinking more like a day! though i did drink water with my meal today while everyone else drank lemonade!

4 J's said...

You might want to consider the level of stress you will be under these next 3 weeks and not give sugar up completely...good luck!

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

Maybe limit yourself to 1 sugar treat a day. I think I'm going to try. You have inspired me. And I agree COMPLETELY with you on the clear snow cone thing. All flavors are better clear. No stains in the car! (although I get mine "topless") Try Lemonade mixed with stuff. Its DELICIOUS!!!