Friday, August 22, 2008

hurry up 4:30 and get here so i can begin my weekend!

After working for a lawyer, I am definitely glad I did not choose to pursue that profession. That's what I use to want to be - a lawyer. That was until I found out how many years of school that entailed, then I quickly was talked out of it. I've discovered it's not near as glamorous as my favorite TV show Law and Order makes it out to be. We had a client come in today who was incredibly rude and disrespectful. I heard everything from my desk. She made me so mad. I wanted to pounce on her when she was storming out. I was like he is doing you the favor missy! He's winning you oodles of money! I think you forget your place. I was told by the previous secretary to be prepared for ugly phone calls. With him being a lawyer and on the city council he gets a lot of them. Fortuantly I haven't had any yet.

Though this has changed my mind about any buried longings of being a lawyer, it has made me want to sue! I've been trying to come up with who and why I would sue all day. Ok I'm kidding, I would never actually do it, but goodness, it's ridiculous how much money you can make!

Last night's supper was very very good, if I do say so myself. I'll post the recipes next week. Tonight RTS is having a luau to welcome its new students so Chad and I will be going to that and enjoy the free food! There's suppose to be a slip and slide and water games but I have a feeling it will just be for the kids. There are times I don't like being an adult. This is one of them.

Ok this is getting to be long and nobody reads long posts, at least I know I don't, so have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jolyne said...

I love your long blogs. We just got back from seeing both your brothers play in a practice football game. Aaron played almost the entire game - offense and defense. Daniel played some too. It was fun. Aaron was thrown the ball 3 times. 2 of the times weren't good throws (didn't make it to him) but one throw was good and he caught it!!! I can't wait until he makes his first touch down!!! See you tomorrow.

Unknown said...

well it's been on my blog for a while now.