Thursday, August 14, 2008

Piano Man

Last night after I got home from work, I pulled out all my cookbooks and made a menu for the next two weeks; then made out a grocery list; then went grocery shopping. I left the grocery store at 11:45 pm. By the time I got home, and unloaded everything and put it up in the cabinents, and got in bed it was one oclock. Once upon a time, I would have considered that early, but now that I have to be up at seven every morning, not so the case. I'm exhausted.

This feeling of self pity over lack of sleep is magnified by the fact that my parents are leaving today for the same cruise Chad and I went on during our honeymoon. I'm so so jealous. I want to go back! I miss the unlimited food at any time of the day and sleeping till as long as we wanted.

I called my post "piano man" because if I was going to write a book about our honeymoon, that's what I would call it. Our favorite part of the cruise was the piano bar - the Cleopatra Bar to be exact. It was decorated very elegantly and in the middle was a circular bar with raised up fake piano keys all the way around and in the middle of that was a grand piano. The guy who played the piano, his name was Vince. He was so so much fun and an incedible musician. You just called out what you wanted played and then everyone in the room sang the song at the top of their lungs. My favorite song was "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. I had never heard it till then. When we got back from the cruise, Chad bought me a cd of Billy Joel's greatest hits. I listened to Piano Man on the way to work this morning. It made me smile.

"Oh sing us a song, you're the piano man.
Sing us a song tonight.
Cause we'll all in the mood for a melody,
And you've got us feeling alright."

2 comments:

4 J's said...

Already an old married couple...going to bed early! Believe me...it only gets worse. While Joey was out of town this summer I was in the bed at 8:30 most nights and nothing past 9:00!

Jolyne said...

Ahh.....I see that you are following in your dear Mother's foot steps. Making a menu for 2 weeks....making out the shopping list.....then going to the grocery store. I've taught you well!!!

The cruise was WONDERFUL!!!!!! I want to do it again. I'm going to start saving right now and bring the rest of the family next time. They would love it.

My stomach is screaming MORE FOOD!!!! There is nothing to eat here. I'll have to go grocery shopping myself today.