Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No, I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth.

I've just been incredibly busy! I started a job last Monday - August 4. I'm the secretary for an attorney, Jeff Weill, Sr. Here's how it went down: We got back from the honeymoon on Saturday. Monday morning he calls me and sets up an interview for Tuesday morning. At the interview he says how about you come in for a couple of hours for the next few days and work with my secretary so she can evaluate you. By Thursday, he tells me I have the job. So Friday when I come in for a couple of hours, the secretary says that she'll be out Monday so could a wing it and she'll be back the rest of the week to help me. Well, she didn't come. So I've pretty much just been thrown in. I've just now started to get caught up, which is why I'm posting now....also because the boss is gone for the day :) Oh, this is the first lawyer that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts - the one that said he hired someone. He did, but that didn't work out, so he called me back and now I have the job!

I really can't believe I got a job so soon. And one with amazing pay and benefits! God has been so good to us in providing for every need!

Oh! I'm really happy today because my house is FINALLY all clean and everything has a place. Because of starting a job right away, I really had no time to unpack everything and get settled. But last night, I finished!! My home - ok apartment - looks so good :) And we even have a guest room with a bed, complete with a "Zombie Survival Guide" book on the night stand, if anyone wants to stay the night!

Ok, I should really get back to work. I really want to get caught up today because Mr. Weill will be gone three days next week and he said if I'm caught up, I can have off too - with pay!! It was nice getting caught up on the internet world though.

Oh, I guess I should answer this before I leave since everyone asks me this, "how's married life?" It's amazing! Of course that's because I have such an amazing husband. Really, he's incredible. I love him more now than the day a married him. I couldn't imagine a greater husband. Ok, I'll stop on the gush. But really, I'm happier now than I've ever been. So yeah, it's great :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Lovely blog! I'm glad to be updated on your life. Sounds like everything is working out nicely for y'all!
The notes I took were that it was fine and even preferable for mothers to wear a cute dress in a dark color, the wrapping paper idea (though I probably won't use it), that the catering worked just fine WITHOUT a caterer, I made a good choice in a confectionist, and the idea of the five of you standing in a box at the alter. Just bits and pieces, mostly things I already had planned, but was glad to see them go off well in someone else's wedding first :-) Oh the joy of being in fifty something weddings prior to my own!

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

i'm glad you're back! :) ah, now you could probably appreciate your mom more. (not that you didn't before, but now you have some experience in the field.) ;)