Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm so swamped with work, but I don't care, I want to blog!

I have good news. I'm looking so so much thinner! Upon the third week of marriage, while out shopping for blue jeans, I discovered that I had gone up an entire clothes size - in three weeks! That's when reality hit about how much weight I was gaining at a rapid pace. People have told me that getting married equals gaining weight, and I always swore that wouldn't be me. I'm very happy to say that those days are gone by, thanks to the gym, lean cuisine, and long days at the office that keep me from munching in my cupboards.

Speaking of munching in my cupboards, two nights ago I made a spinach casserole that was very very yummy and super easy (which is the only kind of recipe you'll see me making!). I'll have to post the recipe soon. Tonight's menu is a chicken and cashew mixture over rice and as the veggie - asparagus and a blue cheese sauce poured over it. We'll see how they turn out. The recipes sound good. My two week groceries and menu will end up lasting three so that's exciting. I spent a hundred dollers, so I'm quite pleased with that for three weeks, especially with how high food is now. Really it's ridiculous. I haven't been grocery shopping in probably a couple of years, and when I went last week, I about cried as I saw the prices of some things. It made me sick.

I had the absolutely best cookie I've ever eaten in my life yesterday at Fresh Market. No joke. Triple Chocolate - chocolate cookie with white and dark chocolate chunks in it. Incredible. I also paid 3.26 for gas this past week. I think those are my highlights. Yeah, nothing really exciting is going on right now.

1 comment:

Jolyne said...

I'm glad that you are taking time to blog. It helps me keep up with you. Congratulations on your budgeting, shopping, cooking, and weight loss. You are on the right track!!