Thursday, October 30, 2008

I know someone really famous

I just got back from a lunch date with my husband. I'm so so full and feel like I can't even move around the office. We went to a Aladdin, a Greek restaurant downtown. And get this - our meal was only 5.46! And that included an appetizer! All thanks to this site (click on site). They give you a 2 week free trial which we're using now. I've gotten coupons for 2 for the price of 1 meals at two Greek places, two Mexican, 1 Indian restaurant, and a whole lot more. They have a lot of shopping coupons too. Chad bought 2 dvds for the price of one this past Sunday. The bad part is that you have to use the coupons by the time the free trial ends. I don't know how much membership is but we're thinking it may be worth it with all this free stuff! And it's stuff that we were going to buy anyway!

Yesterday Chad got his absentee ballot. I got to put my notary power into use! He had to fly it to Olive Branch last night putting him home at 3 in the morning :( Oh well...time is money and that was a 5 hour paid job! Anyway, here's the real story I'm getting at....I personally know one of the presidential candidates! I'm sure you've all heard of him. Ted Weill of the Reform Party. He's my bosses dad. I've met him on a few occasions. Mr Weill (my boss) is kind of embarrassed about it. In fact, he had me go the Secretary of State's Office to turn in his dad's paper work because people know him there and he didn't want them to think that he supported him or was voting for him. So this morning I came in and teasingly told him that I saw his dad on the ballot last night and I kind of felt an obligation to vote for him since I had such a key part in his being on the ballot. Then he told me that word somehow leaked out at his son's school that his grandfather was running for president and that the school was holding their own election for the kids to see how they vote and his dad won! So, Mr. Ted Weill may not win the presidency but he's got the vote of Jackson Prep!

Gas is 2.08 now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's kind of cool. I do remember seeing him on the ballot. But, I did not vote for him lol.

I'm really excited about this small step towards the real world!!

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

that is cool! :) and the books are $25 for jackson. and i wish it were $2.08 here. maybe i'll drive up to fill up some tanks! :)