Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Today and six random things about me

My mouse is dying and I don't think I have any batteries left here. Good thing I'm only working for a couple of hours today. My boss is on a hunting trip in Michigan so yesterday I didn't come in at all (which means my house FINALLY got completely picked up, yay!) and today I'm just staying till I finish up some filing and till the mail comes.

Today is Chad's birthday. I think it's going to be pretty sad because we've already done the big celebration stuff. I gave him his big gift while we were at the restaurant Friday night. I gave him a trip to St. Louis - specifically the City Museum. When we were dating we had talked about what places we wanted to see and go to one day, and he said the City Museum. I have to say it does look pretty cool. Check it out for yourself - www.citymuseum.org.

Tonight we're going to a free (yay!) Andrew Peterson concert in Tupelo. I'm so excited!! I've never heard him in person but I hear he's really really good. I love his cd's so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Sooo, since I had the great honor of being tagged, here are 6 random things about me:

1. I love chocolate but hate the flavor of chocolate. I know kind of confusing, so let me explain. It's more like chocolate flavored things that I don't like. For examples, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate milk shake, etc. - can't stand those things! But when it comes to chocolate bars, just plain ol' chocolate the way God intended it, um um, so good!! I will say that brownies are in exception to this rule. They taste more like "real" chocolate instead of that nasty imitation stuff.

2. I have a sock phobia. Seriously, socks are the grossest things on the planet. I'll freak out if one gets on me. I don't mind mine so much but I only wear them when I absolutely have to - when I have to wear tennis shoes. Uh, they're so gross!!

3. I use to be a Civil War nerd. I could tell you about every single battle - all the details, I had a gazillion books about the war, I collected Civil War Barbies (I guess they would actually be called Kens). Those are just a few things, it was bad. In fact, it use to be my dream to visit all the major battlefields in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland for my honeymoon. I changed my mind when I got a little older :) Though Chad has promised me that one day we'll do that, so the nerdiness is still in there. This is probably why I can't say much about my husband's Star Wars nerdiness.

4. Gah, this is getting hard to come up with things!.....I love John Wayne movies. Really any western, but John Wayne, he's my man!

5. I would rather do dishes for a week than cook for one night. I will say that my hatred for cooking is getting better. It use to be I would rather do dishes for a month than cook one meal. Maybe one day I will find joy in the act of cooking but for now the only joy I receive from it is knowing that it is 100% solely in act of love for my husband and I wouldn't do it for any one else.

6. I use to hate my husband. Like seriously, loathe him. (I know Christian's aren't suppose to hate, but I'm just going to be honest, I'm a sinner and I hated). Of couse this was way, way before I had any idea that he would be my husband. When I was in 7th gr. he teased me in front of a big group of people (more like chewed me out - he must have been having a really bad day and took it out on me) for being shy, and from that day on I couldn't stand him. Of couse he remembers absolutely nothing about it, and doesn't believe that this really happened, but I can assure you, it did. I guess the jokes on me because now I LOVE the guy I use to hate. Funny how things change.

This is a way, way too long post. I hope people read it.

Oh yeah, Claire, you're tagged.

5 comments:

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

haha, that was really good! :) ok, i'll be thinking of mine. :)

4 J's said...

Socks...really? Joey hates feet but you are the first I know who can't stand socks. Interesting...I love the fact that the man you married you hated at one time! God does strange things! But I am so glad he is in control and not me!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of Andrew Peterson, but after not going to school today due to throwing up, I do not think you would like me to accompany you.

I do not like chocolate at all and I have a sock thing, as well. I do not own any.

Jolyne said...

I guess I'm the only person who already knew all these things about you. I'm honored!! Well, actually I didn't know about Chad teasing you. But I do have to agree that who would have ever thought the 2 of you would be married one day!! It's still kind of shocking when you think about it - ha!!

Anonymous said...

For my honeymoon we went to Gettysburg... yeah I'm a nerd too...

Took a horseback tour of the battlefield... very cool.